Saturday, January 2, 2010

10 miles!!!!!!

I don't know what it was about 10 miles that felt so... scary!  But it did, it felt scary!  I was nervous last night before I fell asleep and nervous this morning when I woke up.  And, especially nervous when I walked out the door at 6:45 am and it was snowing!  Which it did all the way to Grafton, MA and continued to do for the duration of my run.  I should have taken a picture there, but I forgot.  This is what it looks like off of our back deck though!      --->

10 miles.  It was HILLY and SNOWY and SLIPPERY and I feel great.  Do you know what the best part about running 10 miles is?  Everything is better afterward.  I ate the best pb&j ever after my run and took the best shower when I got home.  Everything just feels awesome.  Well, except my legs, they're a little tight.  Nothing a rest day can't cure!

For the most part, this week has been full of interesting runs.
Monday- ran to the gym for my Club Strength class, which is incredibly difficult but equally as ass-kicking awesome.
Tuesday- this was the bad apple of the week.  4 miles on a treadmill because it was too cold outside to run.
Thursday- 5 miles with Kelly and Tricia.  What a great run!  We ran before work along the harbor.  It was beautiful.

Pictures from Thursday's run! 
Zakim Bridge


Ice Sculptures at The New England Aquarium




Boston Harbor



Saturday- A snowy, slippery 10 miles in Grafton


I hope next week feels just as good as this week did!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!


Miles Run: 116

1 comment:

Laurelin said...

Yes! You are awesome. I just finished 5... on the treadmill. :( But even my trailmix tastes better! And the HIGH here on Friday... ZERO degrees Farenheit. Looks like I'll be on the treadmill most of the week, unless I want a repeat of the horror show I previously experienced! ;)

You rock though!